Conductive Education Sessions
At Conductive Education Taranaki (CET) we believe in opportunity-the opportunity to learn, to be taught & to achieve. Conductive Educators (Conductor) don’t simply try to get kids to tick the boxes of pre-ordained physical achievements; they build relationships with them, supporting and working alongside them to reach their potential. That’s why the effects of CE are so powerful. Kids with motor disabilities not only experience dramatic improvements in physical abilities; they grow in confidence and independence.
We currently deliver weekly, individually tailored, small group sessions to children enrolled in our service.
Our pathway to service following initial contact with the centre is to carry out child-centred, y-based assessment to understand your child’s challenges and opportunities. A written review of the assessment will be provided advising if Conductive Education is a suitable intervention and if so, and suitable vacancy exists, a trial period will be offered
Early Intervention Outreach Service
We are a Ministry of Education supported, accredited provider for Early Intervention. We provide child focused, family centred support for children with additional learning or developmental needs to help them flourish in their early years environment. Our Early Intervention Teacher works with you to understand your priorities and concerns, and provides you with support and guidance to foster your childs development and learning. Through our Early Intervention teacher we provide:
• Individual Assessment
• Individual education plans
• Continued assessment and monitoring
• Support and guidance for children, whānau, and the teaching team (if involved), to promote inclusive practice
• Help coordinating and liaising with the team around your child
• Education Support Workers (if eligible) for
children that need help accessing the curriculum
• Specialist supports eg: Speech and Language Therapist, Occupational Therapist (where required)
Our team will also support your child’s transition to school. We can help you to make informed choices about your childs schooling, and assist in the process for applying for additional supports.
Our playgroup is to provide a happy, safe and relaxed environment for children to learn and develop their skills through play and activity. We accept that all children are individuals and ensure equal opportunities for all, whilst providing for each childs needs. GrowAbility playgroup is not just for the children, it also offers the opportunity to encourage and equip parents with new skills and make new friends.
Room One, Westown School, 41 Sanders Ave, New Plymouth
Wednesdays: 9.30am to 11.30 am.
Set up 9.00am, tidy and close 12.00pm.
How to Access Our Services
We believe access to professionally led, timely and regular intervention is key to a child’s development. You can contact us directly, or your health or education provider can make a referral. Conductive Education class sessions are :
• Delivered regularly in a small group environment, relevant to your child’s developmental needs
• Held in Room 4 at Westown School on Sanders Ave, New Plymouth
• Available from $10.00
Our Early Intervention Service:
• Is delivered through an outreach model, we arrange and coordinate visits with your child, yourself and your chosen ECE provider (if applicable)
• Funded through Ministry of Education
• Your child, if eligible, can access one or all of our services
• No confirmed diagnosis is required to access our support.